Friday, April 24, 2015

"No Regrets"

A smoke-filled bar room.
Idle chatter filling the air.
Drinks quickly downed.
He slowly numb his cares.
Started drinking to forget
No longer for a good time.
His heart filled with regret
He eases his troubled mind.
He finally leaves at midnight,
Stumbling home in the rain.
The memories of that night
Bringing back all the pain.
He ends up near the grave,
And falls down to his knees.
He silently begins to prays.
His  tears begin to flow free.
He lost her over a year ago,
Misses her every single day.
Life sank  to an all-time low.
Wishes she never went away.
I drag him back to his place,
And stay there until morning.
He's dead by the staircase
Passed on without warning.
At a smoke-filled bar room.
Mourning filling the still air.
Drinks are quickly downed.
As I slowly numb my cares.
I started drinking to forget
Pain inside my aching heart.
Tired soul filled with regret.
His memories on my mind.
Two longing souls reunite,
As I find myself still crying.
My cigarette burning bright;
I picture them as angels flying.
I go home on this rainy night;
Empty out all of my cabinet.
I need to play my cards right.
Before I end up in a casket.
I want to join them one day,
Flying amongst the clouds
That time is very long away
I have to make them proud.
I visit their graves at sunset.
Silently pray inside my heart.
That I leave behind no regrets
And join them when I depart.

No comments:

Post a Comment