Tuesday, April 14, 2015

"Editing Errurs"

      As I was rereading a blog post last night, I began to cringe at the mistakes. I was embarrassed as a writer at the errors I saw on something I posted online. As I read it a few more times, I figured out why there was so many mistakes. I am a lazy editor on short works.
      I'm beginning to realize the short pieces I write will help me become a more polished writer / editor. I haven't been as dedicated to pieces under 5,000 words as I have been when I  editing my novels. I guess it comes down to one thing: laziness.
     Overall, I need to get in the mindset that the last thing I write could be my last. In other words, look it over with the diligence I do of my novels. My final thought is this: If I keep posting bad posts, no one would take my main writing projects seriously. Anyone else have this issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment