Monday, April 13, 2015

"Keep At It"

    I find myself staring at a blank Word file getting frustrated with each passing second as my mind refuses to form a halfway decent sentence. The only sensible thing I wrote in the past week is the grocery list. Everything else I try to write turns into utter nonsense. The English language is betraying me today to the point it's telling me to give up for the night.
    I turn off the computer, and let out a sigh as I lean back in my chair. I keep thinking about the binder stashed in my desk drawer that need some editing, but I barely have time to sleep some days. Between work and life, my colorful imagination is staying that instead of a black and white reality. I feel like I need a vacation so I can rewrite what's inside the binder.
    As I watch the words flow, I realize I originally was trying to write a short fiction piece. Alas, it seems my mind wants to vent a little. A mind that's been in a creative tempest for the past two years is now sitting idle. I keep the flames alive by forging poems, but nothing will cure the itch as starting the next novel.
    I'm the only one to blame for this creative lag. I keep finding excuses to not begin the rewriting process instead of solutions. Maybe this weekend, I can hopefully begin after finishing the chores that need to be done. I want to continue on with one idea, but I might dust off the notes of another story idea soon. Either way, I must keep writing.





No comments:

Post a Comment