Sunday, December 25, 2011

Everyone Needs a Good Blogging Now And Then

It’s odd that the instant I decided to take a break from writing for the holidays, I started posting on this blog more. I guess I’m doing this to keep my writing going, but at the same time, not working on something serious. I’m not saying I’m not taking this blog seriously, but it’s not like writing a 300+ page novel. I can sort of pick it up when I have an urge to write just to write, and not be focused on all the stuff that goes into writing a major story.

I could work on some side projects, but there is one problem with that. I’m already working on three different stories in various stages. The last thing I need to do is start another story while writing two different genres, and trying to edit another one. Adding another one will most likely lead me to mixing genres, which would suck since two are romance novels, and the other is a sci-fi story. It will be like checking a gas tank’s level with a lit match. In other words, the end result will not be pretty.

Since I am writing this on Christmas, I guess I could post something about Christmas. Here goes:

“The Holiday Toast”

The Christmas tree is up
Some eggnog in a cup
The gifts are neatly wrapped
And I’m about ready to crash
Been running around nonstop
With errands at various shops
No time to do anything fun
Can’t wait for this to be done
However, all that matters in the end
Is to be surrounded by family and friends
To share some warm holiday cheers
As we finish off another joyous year
I lift my glass and offer up this toast
As the turkey in the oven slowly roasts
“A very Merry Christmas to everyone
May you have a joyous day with loved ones
Also, if you have any leftover fruit cake
I happily accept all of it on my dinner plate”
Well, at this point, I’m going back to bed
The holiday “spirits” went to my head

No comments:

Post a Comment