Sunday, May 20, 2018

The Madam Of Suburbia Chapter 12


Chapter 12 - The Eluded Word
After the hell I've been through since I landed in Curva, it's nice for once to have a reason to wake up every morning. I never thought from all the chaotic bullshit that has happened I would find love in such a messed up place. For the past three months, Amber and I been spending much time together as we can. The best part is Blue hasn't tried to keep us apart, and Riese even said I look human whenever I'm with Amber. In other words, life is fucking beautiful, and nothing can bring me down.
Sadly, this morning I have to leave her alone in bed as Blue texted me at four in the morning stating he needs me to meet him at five. I still haven't forgotten that night the fucking pigs worked me over, but because of Amber I've been behaving because I know firsthand how fucking ruthless Blue can be. So, whenever he needs me, I do so without questions. I still haven't found any means to answer the questions about Blue and Madam burning in my mind. However, I'm afraid to show any weakness since I've fallen in lo...
I pause at that l word almost came to mind as I arrive at the meeting place. I try not to think of my relationship with Amber as I find myself outside the butcher shop once more. I almost want to head back home because the last time I was here, I ended up nearly dead from the beat down I got from the bitches in blue. I feel my heart sink as I walk up to the delivery bays, and see one of the doors open as Riese stands there in his parka.
"Blue is back in the vault," he states.
I nod my head as I head into the employee break room, and don the gear. Once dressed, I head into the warehouse towards the steel door. My heart is fucking racing as I keep replaying the last time I was here. The only thing that's keeping me here is the thought that if Blue or Madam really wanted me dead, I wouldn't have left that makeshift hospital. It would make no sense to let me live this long if they wanted me dead. There's only one way to find out as I keep walking towards the vault.
As I step through the massive door, I find Blue sitting at the table with three massive stacks of blueberry pancakes in front of each seat along with a huge mug of coffee. Blue sits there twiddling with a lighter as I sit down across from them. I almost want to put a bullet into Blue's head since I was treated with such hospitality before they shoved their knife into my back, but again if they wanted me dead, it would have happened by now.
"We're waiting for one last person to join us," Blue says.
I nod my head as I wonder who else is joining us. I know Riese is outside, but don't think he's joining us today. A minute later, I look up to see Amber walking into the vault. I almost lose my shit as she sits down at the head of the table, but I won't do anything to put her into danger. If I'm going to take down Blue, I will only put my life on the line. I almost sigh as I realize how much I like Amber to the point I'm thinking about her before me. I never thought the love of pancakes would lead to this, but damn it, she’s the pancake that makes me calm in this chaotic fucking orgy of drugs, conspiracies, and murders.
"Before you two start eating, here's the deal," Blue explains. "I need a couple to sneak into a big charity function to take down a fucking pawn trying to stop our supply lines. Of course, this needs to be done discreetly since they will be a ton of security."
"When do we need to be there?" asks Amber.
"I will send the details over later, but I want to make sure you two are up to the task," replies Blue. "You have to act like you're married, or they'll get suspicious."
"We can do that, right Honey?" Amber asks.
"Yes, dear."
"We have more planning to do, but you two need to do a trial run before we execute the plan. You got a date tonight with one of our supporters from Atlanta tonight at seven at Homard.Wear something fancy," Blue explains. "Enjoy the pancakes."
As Blue leaves the room, I sit there confused. Blue has pretty much order us on a date tonight at the most expensive seafood place in town. I look at Amber, and she wrinkles her nose as she pokes at the pancakes. I get a feeling that she's not happy with this either. I think what bothers us the most is Blue knows we've been fooling around in private, but now we have to act like we're truly dating in public. I hope we can make it through this tonight without it ending badly for the relationship we do have.
"Well, I lost my appetite," she sighs.
"Bothered by how Blue wants us to act like a married couple?"
"A little, but that's not what is bothering me."
"What is?"
"We never go out anyway," she retorts. "We stay in, order food, and fuck. Now, our task is to have a real date."
"I thought you wanted to keep it casual?" I ask as I push the pancakes away as well. My stomach is in knots right now.
"I did, but for the past few weeks I've falling in lo..." she stops before saying the one word we both feel, but are afraid to say.
"Loathe of pancakes?" I ask trying to ease the tension. I'm not sure it's pent up emotion brewing in our hearts, or the uneasiness this place gives me because right now, I want to get out of here before shit does happen. I stand up and ask, "Ready to go home?"
"I think I'm going to head back to my place for a bit," she says as I notice tears in her eyes.
"Everything okay?"
She leans in and whispers, "I love you, Jimmy. However, considering what happened to you, I'm worried this might be my last chance to say it."
"I love you too, Amber," I whisper back. "We'll make it through this. I promise."
"I better go. I'll text you later so we can meet up for dinner."
"We'll talk later," I say before she steps back.
We head out of the vault, and quickly make our way out of the warehouse. I can feel a huge weight lift off my fucking shoulders as there's no one else here. However, an anchor has been placed around my heart as Amber walks towards her car. We finally said the one word that refused to elude our lips, and I feel it has made our relationship more complex. Then again, she knows about what Blue has done to me, and is worried sick that I might not make it through tonight or that charity function. As I finally drive away, all I can do is pray that she doesn't end up like Donnie, and for once, Blue lets me have some fucking happiness in my bleak existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment