Friday, October 17, 2014

"The Beast Within"

I'm losing control.
My humanity is gone.
Instinct taking over.
The beast is awake.
Light turns to dark.
Spiraling into chaos.
Hungering for blood.
The beast is now free.
Craving the violence.
Howling at the moon.
I'm no longer human,
But the monster within.
My flesh is now fur.
Teeth turn into fangs.
Claws on my hands.
Rage is driving me.
I run into the streets.
To cure my bloodlust.
To release all my rage.
Stalking my next prey.
The city of the damned.
Ready for the slaughter.
I find them in an alley.
Raping a young woman.
Never saw me coming,
But they felt my fangs.
Blood and guts splatter.
As I shred them apart.
The girl runs in panic.
Screaming," Monster!"
I finish off the last one;
Disappear into darkness.
Blood still on my claws.
As I howl at my victory.
The beast is now content.
I turn back into a lost soul.
Another sheep in the flock.
Cops look for the monster;
They don't have to look far.
A deep look in any mirror
Will show anyone the truth.
Inside all of us lives a beast.
Some refuse to accept this.
I will show them the truth.
Not all beasts are visible.
The scariest remain hidden.
One by one, they'll be slain
By the beast within my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment