Saturday, January 12, 2019

The Madam Of Suburbia Chapter 32

Chapter 32 – Karmic Money
I wake up to the sound of a heated argument between Blue and I fucking swear sounds like Damian. I open my eyes and find myself hanging inside The Vault over one of the steel tables I watch Butch cut open the college students like they were cows. I had a feeling returning back to Curva would be a bad fucking idea, and it seems it was a deadly mistake. However, my attention returns back to the debate when my name is mentioned. I try to see who's arguing, but I'm bound so tightly I can't even turn my neck, so I focus on listening.
"I told you I would deliver Ronnie to you. You didn't fucking need to send the goons to get him," Damian shouts.
"I wanted him here much sooner, and also wanted that bitch Maddie out of the picture," I hear Blue reply.
"I would have fucking handle it!"
"We are pressed for time."
"Boys, no need to fight," I hear Madam say. "The main thing is he's here in our grasps."
"Yes, Madam," they reply in almost perfect unison.
"Well, you know what to do, Damian. Blue and I have to attend to another urgent matter."
My entire body begins to sweat as I realize how fucked I am. Madam and Blue are in the same room, and I'm hanging here like a slab of beef ready for the slaughter.  I always knew I was tempting Karna coming back to Curva, and that fickle bitch is finally going to win. I also start to wonder what happened to Maddie. She was in the SUV when the attack started, but haven't seen her since. I am relieved she isn't hanging next to me, but part of me fears the worse. I quit worrying about Maddie as I see Damian enter the vault holding a pistol.
"You backstabbing piece of shit!" I shout at him.
"I had no choice," he says. "You wouldn't understand."
"No choice? What was your fucking price?"
"My family," he says.
"A big stack of Benjamins is not a fucking family."
"Fuck you, Ronnie," he says as he clicks off the safety from the pistol. "It was either you or my daughter."
"What about Maddie?" I ask. "Was she part of the deal?"
He walks over to me, and decks me in the jaw hard. I laugh as I begin to taste blood. He decks me again, and I spit my blood all over his face.
"Enjoy the fucking blood money, bastard," I state before spitting out more blood.
He lifts the pistol, and puts the barrel against my forehead. Before he can do anything else, a shotgun goes off as I watch as his right side of his skull explodes, sending brain, bone, and blood all over the floor and wall as his lifeless body slumps to the floor. I watch as Maddie walks in, holding the smoking shotgun.
She aims the barrel over my head before ordering, "Hold still."
She fires one more time, and I land on the table with a thud. She pulls out a knife, and cuts the rope that is wrapped around my head and hands. The instant I'm free, she barks, "Move!"
We run out of the warehouse, and hop into a blue sedan, the type a family would drive. I almost ask if this car will have enough horsepower to get out of here. When she steps on the gas, I stop wondering as I'm pulled back into the seat as it hits speed very quickly. I stay quiet as she drives us over the bridge out of the city, and back onto the mainland. As we drive down a road lined by marsh, I begin to wonder where we're going, but the look she is giving me tells me she's in no mood to discuss anything.
As the sun begins to set, we stop in front of a log cabin surrounded by mossy oaks that conceal the cabin from the road. She turns off the engine and says, "We'll be safe here. We'll talk in the morning."
We get out, and I help her cover the car in a camo tarp. We enter the cabin, and she quickly makes sure all the blinds are closed, the only light is the full moon slowly trickling in between the blinds.
She hands me a pair of night vision googles, and states, "Your room is the door to the left of you. Bathroom is the second door on the left wall in your room. Don't turn on any lights, so use the googles until the sun rises. Again, we'll talk after some rest. "
I nod my head as she disappears in another room to the right. I walk into my room, lay the googles on the nightstand next to the bed, and lay down. I lie there glad I'm still breathing, but my mind is a tempest of unanswered questions I wanted to ask tonight, but she wasn't in the mood to talk. Realizing that nothing will be discussed until the sun rise, I cover myself in an attempt to sleep. The last thing that passes through my head as I finally pass out is wondering if Amber is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment