Saturday, December 14, 2013

Random Story - 12/14/13



Another quiet night, another evening lost in my head. I sit on my couch trying to forget the day, but my brain won't turn off. The things I'm discovering in my mind scare me. I try to numb my thoughts with tequila, but it makes the thoughts even scarier. I finally spark up my bong, and try to stone myself into a coma. After the 5th bowl, and almost a fifth of tequila, I give up. Short of a bullet to the head, nothing is going to stop my mind from racing. The ideas are getting weirder and weirder with each passing minute.
I turn on the TV, and see a pink bear in a tutu on the screen. He is doing ballet to Slayer. As he dances, the camera focuses on the band. The band is plaid Orcas in tuxes, save the singer who is a purple monkey in a green tutu. I find myself hand banging as the guitarist starts shredding while the lead singer starts wailing. The pink bear even starts moshing with the crowd.
"Dude, pass the bong," says a voice next to me.
I turn around, and see a purple gorilla on my couch in a white kimono. I hand him the bong, and he kills off the bowl in one hit. He starts coughing while pulling out a small bag of weed. He packs a new bowl, and hands it to me smiling. I take out my lighter, and light it. I take a hit, and within a few minutes, I'm out cold.
I wake up the next morning, and find myself in a bed. I try to move, but I'm still so stoned that my entire body is numbed from the neck down. I turn my head, and see the purple gorilla snoring away next to me.
"What was that weed, man?" I yell out. "It still has me numbed, dude."
"It's called Fookitall. It knocks you out for a good 12 hours," replies the gorilla.
"Okay, that doesn't explain why you're still here."
"Easy. You're still dreaming, dumbass."
I close my eyes and go back to sleep. Some time later, I hear a buzzing noise go off. I open my eyes and see I'm in a padded room. I stand up, and see I'm in a straight jacket. I let out a sigh of relief for everything was just a dream. I walk over to the door, and press the call button with my nose. I wait patiently for the orderly to come. The little window opens in the padding, and I see the purple gorilla standing there smirking.
"COME ON MAN!" I yell. "How many dreams do I have to wake up from?"
The window closes, and reopens. This time, I see the normal orderly standing there. He is shaking his head as he messes with his radio. A few minutes later, another orderly and the doctor arrive. Behind him is the purple gorilla.
"GET THAT GORILLA AWAY FROM ME!" I yell out.
The orderlies open the door, and grab me. Before I can react, the doctor injects me with a needle. As the world starts fading to black, I hear the gorilla say, "Until you stop imaging me as being real, I will never go away. Besides, not my fault you're insane!"
I feel water on my face some time later. When I wake up, I find myself in a large cage. A keeper is spraying the hose on me.
"Wake up, George," they say. "It's time to start the day."
I let out a grunt, and head out into the pen. I smile for I'm still a gorilla despite all my weird dreams. I know one thing from this old experience, and that is never eat a brownie from an old hippie. It makes you dream you're a crazy human getting stoned with a purple gorilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment