Saturday, December 21, 2013

"Freedom"


Struggling with my internal demons
As I've been charged with treason
I did my duty in the name of the crown
Yet my honor is being dragged down
I followed the royal order to assassinate
The young prince of a rival feudal state
Little did I know that there is a devious plot
Until the prince's short life is already lost
Before my bloody blade returns to my sheath
I’m surrounded by the guards of The Shiek
I’ve been tricked by The King himself to start a war
And I'm about to die as I face a hundred swords
A single bolt strikes the door behind The Shiek's head
I swore from the evil look in his eyes I’m dead
He yanks the arrow free, breaks it, and begins to yell
As the guards beat me down and drag me to a cell
I am tossed bloody and bruised onto the stone floor
They broke my legs before closing the prison door
The Shiek has already ordered my death for morn
At the crack of dawn at the stake I will be burned
My ashes will be sent back to my king and queen
As a message that they attacked the wrong regime
I will be killed for being a loyal and faithful ward
As our countries will destroy each other in a war
The price our citizens will pay for our loyality
Losing their loved one during these hostalities
I was nothing more then a pawn in a political game
My family's name will forever be marred in shame
At sunrise,the guards begin lighting the fire beneath me
I begin to cry as I wish I never accepted this taking
A nation torn apart in the name of a corrupted king
One man should never lead their citizens to bloodshed
For freedom is not worth leaving an entire nation dead

No comments:

Post a Comment