Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"World War 3 -Confusion"

Woke up in a state of total confusion
My mind is racing madly with fear
All my nerves are tightly pulled
My body is a bomb; pull the trigger
Laying in a dark and damp room
The only light is from a hole in the ceiling
Been resting on a pile of old clothes
And a pillow made of burlap and moss
The image of a cloud over a metropolis
The only thing I can see before my eyes
I close them and try to recall anything
I just lie there and can’t recall a fucking thing
My name, where I live, not a God damned thing
I raise my hands to my head and begin to scream
My arms are not human but are steel and copper
I get up with a metallic creak and walk over to the light
What I saw makes my mind go fucking numb
I was no longer a man but a damn machine
They made me into a thing without a soul
My entire body replaced with cybernetic parts
The only thing still original, I hope, is my brain
Yet my brain is useless since I can’t recall jack shit
I have to get out of this God forsaken room right now
I have to learn what in the hell has happened to me
I walk over to the door and break it with a single punch
As I walk out, a single guard points a M-16 in my face
“Where in the hell do you think you’re going?”he demands
I grab his gun and bend the barrel downwards
I reach out and lift him up by the throat off the floor
“I have one question.” I demand. “What year is it now?”
“The year is roughly 2078. Seventy-three years since the Holocaust.
We found you a year ago in a cryogenics lab outside the Territory of York.”
“Territory Of York? Cryogenics lab? What the fuck are you talking about?”
“We found your body frozen in the lab in the remains of New York City.
The Territory Of York is what the ruling clan calls the New York City area.”

I let him go and fall to the floor, my mind confused as hell
I been out for almost a decade, frozen in a damn freezer
Did I go into that freezer as a man or a damn machine?
Shit, why can’t I recall a single fucking memory at all!
Is my mind still frozen after all those damn years or what?
Which makes me wonder is if I was ever a human at all?
I need answers, but I don’t know where to seek them
The guard walks over to me cautiously and stands next to me
Pistol drawn on me, yet fear is burning brightly in his eyes
 I look at him,“Look I ain’t going to kill ya, okay? Just got disorientated.
Can you tell me one thing to ease my trouble mind, please, I beg you!”

He keeps the pistol pointed at my right temple despite my plea
He is still sacred shitless from me bending the barrel of his M-16
Ironically, I the one scared to death for I have no fucking clue who I am
Yet he’s acting all brave with a gun pointed at my head, like I care
I don’t have a life anyways, I’m a damn machine created by man
My life is to serve my heartless creators like a good slave should
Rather just have this guard put a slug into my head and end it
There has to be someone who knows me in this wretched place
Or at least give me a clue to shed some light on who the fuck I am
“Go ahead, put a damn slug into my head and end it my fucking pathetic life
I’ll just die a useless robot that failed to serve his master’s request anyway.”
“Actually, you have no master and aren’t a robot,”
an old raspy voice chirps in
I look up and see an elderly man hiding behind a white hood over his face
“Follow me and I show you the path to the answers you are seeking, my confused friend.
Hurry up though; the path is made of fine sand caught in a mighty gust of wind.
If you fail to take this first step, the clues you long for will be lost in the desert.
Follow me and learn the past that you want to recall, but you must be warned.
The path that you seek is not a clear trail; it is filled with chaos and destruction.
When you learn of your past, you might regret what you have done in the past.
Are you sure you want to know? If so, follow me so we can speak in private.”

 I follow him down the hall, taking the first steps into my destiny
Whatever happens is better than not knowing the truth about me

No comments:

Post a Comment