Wednesday, August 29, 2018

The Madam Of Suburbia Chapter 23


Chapter 23 – Fading Light

I wake in a state of panic and confusion as I can't see shit. I see the faintest signs of light as black fabric covers my eyes. I try to move, but I'm bound to something hard and made out of plastic. I feel the familiar cold steel of handcuffs on my wrist and feet as I try to wiggle. I quickly stop when a shooting pain runs through my body like a lightning bolt. I almost wish I was dead at this point instead of once again being bound and wearing a hood.

As my mind begins to settle, I slowly being to recall the events that lead to my current, fucked up situation. The one thing that sticks out over the ass kicking I got was Amber strolling in, and shooting Richard right in the fucking head without saying a single word. I personally know how cold hearted she can be, but after what Richard revealed to me in that cell, he fucking deserved it. However, she didn't say much to me either, so I didn't get a chance to her why she shot the asshole.

I listen closely to my surroundings, and hear the rumble of tires on pavement. I guess I'm being taking to the swamp as Amber ordered. I hate that word after my last experience in a swamp. I hoping it's one of their safe houses, and she wants me out of the city for a bit after the mess that happened. Also, maybe it's a place for me to heal as she figures out the next move. I know with the death of Juan and Richard, there's probably a major shit storm brewing, and she felt it's best I'm not in the path of the tempest ready to be unleashed on the city.

As I lay there, my ears focus on the radio. The driver is listen to this rock song, and my mind focuses on this one verse:

Bring me relief;
End the misery
Bring me relief
From one ACP.

After all the shit I've seen and been through, that is the only way this fucked up, roller coaster of chaos called my life will end. I had thoughts of ending it myself, but after the swamp, I'm not taking the easy way out of the bullshit I keep being handed. If I'm going to go out, I'm taking out the motherfucker behind the trigger before that single bullet ends mine. Right now, I really want answers about what is coming next so I can prepare myself before the shit unfolding in my future lands on me. I hate not knowing anything when I'm dealing with so many people that don't think twice of ending a life.

I finally break the silence by asking, "Where are you taking me?"

"Nothing you need to be concerned with," someone replies.

"Dude, be glad you're alive. Amber was not happy at all," another person adds.

"What happened?"

"Not on your fucking business. Now, shut up," the first person says.

I fall silent as I go back focusing on the rumbling of the tires. I almost drift into sleep as the noise is almost meditational. However, I snap out of it when there's a loud bang, and the radio goes silent. I quickly notice the tires are slowing down as I begin to smell smoke filling into the cab.

"What the fuck?" shouts one of the passengers. "Did we just blow a fucking rod?"

"I hope not. This damn truck is brand new."

"Pull over in case a fire does start."

A minute later, the brakes squeal as we come to a stop. I lay there in complete silence as I wonder if the car is on fire, and they're leaving me to burn to death as the smoke smells fills the area around me. A minute later, there's two faint cracks, like a firework went off in the distance as I hear two thuds outside. I begin to panic even more know because I don't hear nothing but thunder rumbling in the distance, and birds chirping. There's not even the sound of passing cars.

I relax when the smell of smoke begins to fade, but as the back doors are swung open, I go back into panic as I'm being dragged out of the vehicle. I almost shit myself when I hear two voices I thought I would never here again.

"Put him in the van, and sedate him" Blue says.

"Can't I crush his skull now?" Riese asks.

"Do what I say," Blue orders. "Besides, she wants a chat with him."

"Fucking kill me now because I don't have shit to say to that bit.."

Before I can finish my sentence, something hard hits me on my head, and once again, everything goes black.
























No comments:

Post a Comment