Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Madam Of Suburbia Chapter 15


Chapter 15 – Opening a Hornet’s Nest
I never thought agreeing to help Amber would lead to a week of fucking nonstop interrogations. From sunrise to sunset, I'm cuffed to a steel table as random assholes keep asking the same shit over and over. As I sat there answering their bullshit questions over and over, I began to appreciate the beauty of Madam's communication system. If we didn't need to know, we weren't told shit. The only things I was ever made privy to was my next mission. Even then, it was simply a text of where and when to meet, and I went from there. Of course, the jackass in suits are beyond frustrated about how things work within Madam's cartel.
As I sit there for the eight day being drilled, all I can do is smile as they repeat the same questions as I stare at the barren concrete walls. Their main focus is on Blue, but due to their methods I can't honestly give them any useless information other than my theory Blue is a fucking cop. When a person walks around completely covered in black as well as hides their voice, it's hard to give any details. Blue is an enigma coated in psychopathic tendencies while topped with fucking homicidal rage. That's the way I keep describing the bastard, but that isn't good enough for these fucking jerkoffs.
After an hour of getting nowhere, the interrogator picks up his chair and bashes it against the floor as they curse every deity under the sun. He stops and asks me, "Something fucking funny, Ronnie?"
I stop smiling and reply, "Nope."
"How can you deal with one person, and only know at most their fucking height?"
"As I said for the thousand fucking time, Blue wears black literally from head to toe, and they spoke through a voice changer," I reply. "Their entire system is designed to keep you in the dark unless you need to fucking know. "
I glance up and see Amber entering the room while stating, "Let's take a break, boys."
"I want to break..." the agent replies while cracking his knuckles.
"Out!" Amber orders the agent. As he leaves, she pulls out of a pack of smokes and some matches.  "I figured you could use one."
I snatch out a cigarette, and light one up. I take a long drag before asking, "Why am I being asked the same shit about Blue over and over when you know as much as I fucking do?"
"I was hoping you knew something I didn't," she replies. "Also, I decided there's a better way to start taking down Madam anyway."
"What's your plan besides interrogate me to fucking death?" I retort. I know we're supposed to work together, but it's going take a long time to trust this bitch ever again. It's not the fact she's a federal agent, but she ripped out my heart. I was nothing more than a stiff dick as she did her damn job.
"You know something. Let's get this out of the way. If you knew I was a federal agent, what would you have done? Put in the swamp?"
"Yes. Sorry, but in my old line of work, the only good cop is a dead cop," I reply.
"Well, in my line of work, the only good criminal are the ones that end up in the morgue," she snaps back.
"I love it when you talk dirty," I smirk.
She quickly changes the subject by asking, "You said you think Blue is a cop?"
"Only logical explanation how he can walk out of a police station untouched after the bastards in blue kicked the shit out of me," I explain as I recall my lovely chat with them that night. They left me bleeding on the cell floor, and Blue walked out like he owned the place.
"We've been looking into every employee at The Bend County Sheriff's Office. If there's anyone on Madam's payroll, it's hidden very well."
"Even Sheriff Voustine?" I inquire as I remember the conversation I overheard before she ripped out my heart.
"Clean as well," she sighs.
"So, what's the plan then?"
"Did you ever deal with a guy named Spreadsheets?" she asks.
"No. Who is he?"
"He handles the one thing that matters."
"Money?"
"Bingo. No money means no power."
"You do realize doing this will open up a hornet's nest," I reply as the image of the voodoo doll pops into my head.
"Yeah, but if we can follow the money trail, we can find out who's on her payroll."
"So, when do we start?"
"Soon, but until then, get some rest," she replies as she stands up. As she opens the door, and looks back while stating, "Thank you for letting this end on a good note."
Before I can reply, she slams the door shut. I sit there in complete silence as I light up another cigarette. The tension between Amber and I is fucking thick you can cut it with a knife. In my heart I still have feelings for her, but they're behind a wall of mistrust. I guess I should be thankful they haven't put me into the chair, but are willing to let me help them take down Madam. As long as she's alive, I still have a reason for them to keep me alive. Once it's over, I'll accept my fate. However, until then, I will have to put aside the bullshit between Amber and I if we want this to succeed.
A few minutes later, Amber walks back in. "I forgot to tell you something," she says as she walks over to me.
"What's that?"
She stands next to me as I feel a needle being jabbed into my neck. The last thing I remember before passing out is her saying, "Training starts now."

No comments:

Post a Comment