Wednesday, December 2, 2015

"Chaotic Thoughts"

Mr. Undertaker, dig another grave.
To rest these tired, aching bones.
Doctor, please give me a jacket.
My sanity has kicked the bucket.
The older we get, the harder life is.
Aging softens us right in the middle.
The energy of youth; always broke.
Replaced by exhaustion and debt.
A man asked me for redemption
While holding a fifth of cheap rum.
Telling me of hints and allegations.
Asked me why my attention is gone.
Mr. Undertaker, dig another grave.
To rest this chaotic mindlessness
Doctor, please give me a jacket.
My sanity is fleeing this country.
Feel like life is a cartoon at times
As it begins to rain cat and dogs.
Anvils are now being delivered
The mad cows reciting poetry.
Chaotic thoughts are now frozen.
Normal is the tie-died elephant.
Sleep refuses to return any calls.
Life is about surviving complexity.
Mr. Undertaker, dig another grave.
To release this confused elder soul.
Doctor, please give me the jacket.
My sanity is returning back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment