Monday, September 7, 2015

"Winds of Change"

Life is not all smiles;
Filled with sunshine.
So many damn miles
Are faced with denial.

    This is what I began writing this morning. As I look at it, I realize I'm painting a portrait of a depressing life. Yeah, my life is nowhere near where I imagined it while I was still in high school. Do I regret some of the decisions I made since I graduated? Yes. Then again, hindsight is 20/20, but looking in the past will blind you from the future unfolding right in front of you because hiding in the shadows of your past will never let you see life unfurling in the light of destiny.

    Sadly, I keep hiding in this darkness of regret and fear. I keep coming up with so many excuses that I'm creating a wall of doubt instead of building bridges to move forward, and achieve any dream I still cling onto within my heart. The more I dwell on where I am, the more I realize I'm letting my biggest worry consume my life. What I need to do is swallow my pride, and expose my soul to chaotic uncertainty. To make that leap of faith into the life I seek, not hold on to the stable ground anxiety has me clinging onto for
dear life.

    In the end, only I can make changes to find the path that will lead to eternal happiness. Life is about what I make it to be, and until I accept this, it will stay the mundane experience it is so far. I have to quit being afraid to switch things up. In other words, when you find that life is getting boring, face the tempest of chaos to escape the drought of humdrum you created. The winds of change to bring the rains of hope will never reach your spirit until you tear down the walls created by fears and doubts.






No comments:

Post a Comment