Saturday, January 25, 2014

"Flushed and Feeling Relieved"

           It's scary how I can be in a writing mood, but I stare at a blank page for hours uncertain what to write. Then again, even if I have an idea on what I'm going to write, I always have issues with the beginnings. I can have all the notes in the world about the piece, and that first paragraph eludes me. Sometimes, it takes me a day to even begin the first sentence.
            Even though I wasn't planning on updating this blog tonight, but I figured writing something is better then nothing. I was plan on writing something a little more serious, but I couldn't find a beginning that would lead into the next chapter, a good short story, or even a poem. Mentally, I'm avoiding poetry due to being more focused on a novel, but it's sad when my mind can't even do that much without going blank.
            Oddly, as I sit here rambling, an idea is forming. Too bad it's not the next chapter, but something worth posting. This is the main reason I keep this blog. If I'm stuck, I can start writing something for here, and my mind normally breaks free. As I said in the past, "A blog is really a place to flush the mind of random thoughts so you can focus. The literally equivalent of taking a really good shit."
            My last thought before I try to start on something else. I see a lot of page views, but very comments. I begin to wonder if the adult content scares the readers from commenting, or people are afraid to speak their minds. It's a public forum. If I posted here, don't be afraid to speak your mind. Besides, if I didn't want to know what people think I wouldn't post this online.

No comments:

Post a Comment