Sunday, August 11, 2013

"What Would You Do?"

I found myself standing in the bottom of an old, forgotten cellar. I shiver for the cold, misty air cut through my thin clothes like a sharp knife. Every nerve inside me was shaking from the horror I've done. My hands still smell like burnt powder, and I can still feel the recoil in my arms. As the tears rolled down my cheek, I regretted my decisions. I kept tasting the bitter, irony taste of blood in my mouth, trying to wash it away in an old sink that still works. The air was thick with the smell of mold, causing me to gag with each breath I took. A shadowy figure appears over the lip of the wall, and shouted, "I hope it was worth this!" They tossed me down something wrapped in a part of a torn, bloody dress. I unwrapped it, and discovered it contained a single Klondike bar.

1 comment: