Monday, August 12, 2013

08/12/13 Thoughts


            Due to the lack of concentration thanks to the wild ride known as life, I'm back to blogging just to keep my creativity flowing. I guess typing out random thoughts is better then not typing anything at all save stuff for work. At least here, I can gather my thoughts, and post whatever I feel like. In other words, I wish I could go back to finishing another novel,but my mind is so FUBAR that's it's impossible to focus.
            Then again, as I'm sitting here typing this, I don't think life is the problem. I think the problem is the same issue I had with any other novel: The Chapter 3 Syndrome. Once I hit Chapter 3, I lost focus. I started of thinking of new plot ideas, new characters, etc, etc. I finally sat down one day, and knocked out the next three. Once I hit 6, I knew where it was going.
            I think I need to refocus, and just get the plot going. I got some new twists in 3, but 4 has me stuck. I have a rough idea where I'm going, but the first pages are leaving me stumped. What I need to do is start where the story really gets going, and start from there. It's not unusual for me to wipe out a chapter, and start over. Chapter 3 in the new one got restarted two times before I finished it. I already started this novel over once. A novel is never done till you submit it. Oh well, will figure this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment