Monday, January 25, 2016

"The Writing Tech Blues"



               I'm beginning to see why some days I don't get any writing done.  It's not a lack of time, lack of motivation, or the most common excuses writers will give. I have a ton of ideas, all my notes gathered, and everything to do some serious writing, but I figured out my biggest issue. It's all mental with me, but I always felt the majority of writing blocks are mentally anyway. 

My biggest issue when it comes to writing is my job. I do very basic tech support for 40+ hours a week, and by the time I'm done, I don't want to see a PC at all, or any other tech. I may browse social media on my phone afterwards, but that's it. I finding it harder to sit at a PC for fun after dealing with such basic issues all day while being screamed at over such nonsense. It's at the point that if I ever became to the point I could leave IT period, I would never do tech support outside of my own equipment. 

What I need to do is go old-school, and stock up on notepads and pencils. That, or accept technology knowledge will never approve, and try to focus my frustration into a more creative outlet. Again, it's all in my mind, and I will overcome. Until then, my face is remained buried in my palms as I keep fixing computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment