Thursday, February 9, 2012

“An Empty Shell”

Going to erase everything from my mind
Trying to leave all the pain behind
No one to blame for my current state
For I alone made all the mistakes
Yet during this time, I never blamed God
For like an idiot, I played against the odds
I wagered all my dreams in a gamble
One false move has left me in shambles
About to bury all my problems in the ground
As I hold the pistol in my hand with one round
I feel like I'm not a man, just an empty shell
And my tortured soul  is going straight to Hell
I can end it all right on very fucking night
Just pull the trigger and take my shitty life
What the fuck do I have to live for anymore
My marriage is a sham for she's a damn whore
Ran off and slept with my best friend
10 years together came to a very bad end
Sick of the bullshit, I put it to my head
Thinking how bad I want to be dead
When there is a knock on my office door
And the shuffling of her feet on the floor
I quickly put the gun back in the case
And wipe the tears running down my face
I tell her she can come into the room
As I think how close I was to doom
She walks in clutching her teddy bear
Wearing pj's and ribbons in her hair
She walks over to me and sits down
As I just keep looking at the ground
She gives me a big hug and a grin
As the tears flow down my chin
She tells me everything will be okay
That my sadness will slowly go away
I just look at her and begin to see
Everything I want is right in front of me
Even though I end up losing my wife
I still have the never-ending love of my life

2 comments: