Friday, February 3, 2012

02/03/12 Thoughts

I'm suffering the worst disease known to any writer: Writer's Block. It's not like I can't focus on something. My biggest issue is on what do I focus on. I'm still in the process of editing my first novel, so I quit working on other novels even though one is now up to six chapters. So, just to keep my mind going, I'm working on some other simple projects. The type of projects I'm working on are projects that might take between a day up to a week at most.

The first project is some poetry. I found about nine poems I started, but never finished. I also have one that was originally 240 or so lines long about The Vietnam War that I want to rewrite as well. I did start rewriting it, but I stopped due to the novel. Main reason I'm rewriting this one is because it was 240 lines of the same rhyme scheme. The way I'm writing it is I'm breaking each major part into a different rhyme scheme. I guess in a way I'm creating chapters for this epic, which might break 240 lines once it's all said and done.

Another project is I'm editing a very old short story. In fact, it's the very first thing I ever wrote and finished. It's scary how much you can improve in six years. The only downside is it's pretty much requiring a total rewrite. It's that bad due to mainly a mixture of past and present tenses, plus other issues. I just hope the plot doesn't change for it's a good one. Then again, this might end up being longer.

Then again, I think my main issue is the lack of motivation. I hope to fix that starting tomorrow. Time will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment